CISO Challenge #6
I need to identify shadow IT
Keeping device inventories up to date is highly challenging considering the wide range of tools and devices used in modern enterprises. As a result, it’s highly likely that there’s a considerable number of shadow IT devices in the network. These devices can be an entry door for attackers, as they are often not maintained and thus not patched.
- Existing CMDB can be integrated in ExeonTrace
- Correlation of your device inventory with network activity to identify active devices in the network
- Creation of a new device inventory based on network data flows [in preparation]
Benefits for CISOs and security teams
- Shadow IT detection
- No need to maintain a separate device inventory anymore [in preparation]
- Automated updates of the device inventory based on the network data flows [in preparation]
Other challenges you might have:
Are you facing other challenges that we didn't cover yet?
We are very happy to discuss them with you personally. Just book a live demonstration of ExeonTrace.
Main benefits of ExeonTrace
Visibility into your IT network to identify weaknesses before they are exploited by attackers (exposed services, shadow IT, insecure and risky communication etc.)
No traffic mirroring
Algorithms are analysing light-weight network log data
Reduced SOC workload
Ready-made use cases and ML models, automated cross-data correlation and intuitive visualisations make the SOC work more effective and efficient
Not affected by encryption
Metadata analysis is unaffected by network data encryption