CISO Challenge #10
I am required to store network log data, but the huge data volume makes this very expensive
Compliance and regulation standards across industries require the storage of network traffic. However, with the ever-rising amount of network traffic storing network data becomes very expensive.
- ExeonTrace’s algorithms aggregate raw network log data and store them in a graph database
- Volume reduction compared to the incoming meta log data (e.g. NetFlow raw data): in the order of 100
- Volume reduction compared to storing pcap raw data: in the order of 10’000-100’000
- This allows for long-term archives with limited resources
Benefits for CISOs and security teams
- Storage option between raw log data and a processed graph database
- Graph database requires significantly less storage resources
- Lower costs
Future-proof NDR approach
ExeonTrace doesn’t effect network performance
Larger companies that use traditional NDR report a decrease of their network performance due to the bandwidth required for mirroring. Since ExeonTrace uses very light-weight logs there is no such effect on the network performance.
Other challenges you might have:
Are you facing other challenges that we didn't cover yet?
We are very happy to discuss them with you personally. Just book a live demonstration of ExeonTrace.
Main benefits of ExeonTrace
Visibility into your entire IT/OT network and all its interfaces to identify vulnerabilities (exposed services, shadow IT etc.) and malicious attack patterns in real-time.
Not affected by encryption
Algorithms are unaffected by encrypted payloads since they are built to detect attack patterns based on metadata and not deep packet inspection.
Light-weight log data
Analysis of light-weight network log data instead of data-heavy traffic mirroring. Metadata can be exported from existing network sources (switches, firewalls etc.) without hardware sensors.
Developed in Switzerland
As an established Swiss NDR solution, based on a decade of research at ETH Zürich, we maintain a high level of innovation and privacy, which is incorporated in our ExeonTrace platform.