CISO Challenge #4
I need better threat detection than static IOCs
Static IOCs only detect already known malware. A bit more advance attackers actively avoid detection by IOCs and malware signatures by frequently changing their malware and command&control infrastructure. Thus, IOC-based detection is always one step behind.
- ExeonTrace uses supervised and unsupervised machine learning models to detect suspicious behaviours. These behaviours typically stay the same, even when attackers change their malware or command&control infrastructure
- Typical detection pattern includes Internal reconnaissance, C&C channels, lateral movement, and data leakage
- IOCs can be correlated with the network data as well
Benefits for CISOs and security teams
- Avoid always being “one step behind attackers” thanks to machine learning-based detection that is much harder to avoid by attackers
- Higher threat detection accuracy
Future-proof NDR approach
Combining the best from traditional NDRs and SIEMs
ExeonTrace works with light-weight log data as SIEMs do, while traditional NDRs rely on traffic mirroring. For the data analysis, ExeonTrace provides specialised detection algorithms for network log data - like traditional NDRs.
Other challenges you might have:
Are you facing other challenges that we didn't cover yet?
We are very happy to discuss them with you personally. Just book a live demonstration of ExeonTrace.
Main benefits of ExeonTrace
Visibility into your entire IT/OT network and all its interfaces to identify vulnerabilities (exposed services, shadow IT etc.) and malicious attack patterns in real-time.
Not affected by encryption
Algorithms are unaffected by encrypted payloads since they are built to detect attack patterns based on metadata and not deep packet inspection.
Light-weight log data
Analysis of light-weight network log data instead of data-heavy traffic mirroring. Metadata can be exported from existing network sources (switches, firewalls etc.) without hardware sensors.
Developed in Switzerland
As an established Swiss NDR solution, based on a decade of research at ETH Zürich, we maintain a high level of innovation and privacy, which is incorporated in our ExeonTrace platform.