CISO Challenge #2
Network traffic encryption makes my tools, which rely on deep packet inspection, become blind
The increasingly encrypted network traffic poses a significant challenge for security tools that rely on deep packet inspection. And the trend is clear – the proportion of encrypted traffic will only rise in the future.
- ExeonTrace works with algorithms that analyse meta data (NetFlow)
- These algorithms, which are based on Exeon’s research at ETH Zurich – one of Europe’s leading high-tech universities – are unaffected by traffic encryption
- The log data come from firewalls, virtual/physical switches (NetFlow, IPFIX), DNS, secure web gateways, clouds (Azure, Google, AWS)
Benefits for CISOs and security teams
- Existing infrastructure is leveraged, no need for additional appliances
- High alert accuracy (our meta data-based algorithms regularly outperform packet inspection-based competitors)
- No blind spots in the network
Future-proof NDR approach
ExeonTrace’s future-proof approach is based on metadata analysis and therefore does not require any traffic mirroring. ExeonTrace’s algorithms are especially built for the analysis of encrypted data which cannot be analysed with traditional NDR solutions.
Other challenges you might have:
Are you facing other challenges that we didn't cover yet?
We are very happy to discuss them with you personally. Just book a live demonstration of ExeonTrace.
Main benefits of ExeonTrace
Visibility into your IT network to identify weaknesses before they are exploited by attackers (exposed services, shadow IT, insecure and risky communication etc.)
No traffic mirroring
Algorithms are analysing light-weight network log data
Reduced SOC workload
Ready-made use cases and ML models, automated cross-data correlation and intuitive visualisations make the SOC work more effective and efficient
Not affected by encryption
Metadata analysis is unaffected by network data encryption